Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Hope Does Not Disappoint..


HOPE DOES NOT DISAPPOINT

This hope does not disappoint us... â€" Romans 5:5

I was chatting online with a friend when I first read the Bible verse:
Hope does not disappoint. It struck me as beautiful and I shared it with
my friend.
But it does! Hope disappoints! It causes you to have expectations
and you get shot down,she explained. And I realized we were talking
about two different things. She was talking about hope in the things of
this world; the line was referring to hope borne out of our experience
of God.
I am no stranger to losing hope. For most of my life, I believed
that the only way to survive was to avoid situations where I could get
hurt. I put up near-insurmountable walls around me so I wouldnt get too
attached to anyone or anything. What I didnt realize earlier on was that
letdowns are part of life and should be accepted with an open heart.
This conviction came during a particularly low day, when I was surprised
by a sudden realization: No matter what happens to me, God will never
allow me to be unhappy for too long. It is almost impossible to feel bad
after a thought like that.
Hope in a faithful God does not disappoint. Anna dG.

Is your faith still lacking?
Strengthen my hope; strengthen my faith.


----------------------------------------------
BE HONEST

Even if others are not
Even if others will not
Even if others cannot

"He who walks honestly walks securely."
Proverbs 10:9

No comments: